Contact Form * Contact Form Container */ .contact-form-widget { width: 500px; max-width: 100%; marg

Name

Email *

Message *

Love Thy Neighbour as Thyself - but I Hate Myself



                                   
Hubert sat in this oasis of solace, luxuriating in that supreme high - the sense of being understood. Rupert sat opposite me, a quizzical look on his face, as if hovering high above the earthbound business of the consulting room. “You can’t hate yourself all the time?”                                                                                             “No, of course I don’t hate myself all the time,” I laughed guiltily, omitting to say that actually I did; well, most of the time. “Oh, you know it is...how can I say? it is...punctuated sometimes like this when we come to the gym but in the main I live under a kind of barrage of self criticism.”     


(Extract from a short story  
C. Love Thy Neighbour as Thyself - but I Hate Myself 
by Peter Cheevers)                                              

No comments: