Contact Form * Contact Form Container */ .contact-form-widget { width: 500px; max-width: 100%; marg

Name

Email *

Message *

I am driving the car and I drifted off - what was I thinking? Questions are always an odd species of prediction

What was I thinking there? 

Questions are always an odd species of prediction. And it is noticeable in what Freud refers to in the same context as ‘psychoanalysis as an interpretative art’

Freud says that these moments of not knowing for certain  are akin to secular epiphanies. 

You are driving and you drift off in your thinking, concentrate! what was I thinking there?

s/he was reporting back from somewhere that s/he  usually called ‘herself’.

 In these instances of meandering thought it is a matter of reading off the surfaces, of abrogating (anuling)  our conventional criteria

No comments: