Contact Form * Contact Form Container */ .contact-form-widget { width: 500px; max-width: 100%; marg

Name

Email *

Message *

Can there be such a Thing as Self Love?



 
File:HollywoodSign.jpg


 
When I lived in America (well Los Angeles or la la land) I used to get this all the time.

"So, hey, what's happening 'BR' (Bosco Redmond)? How you doin?"
"Oh hello, what...yes..well I am doing fine, thank you."
"Hey English, what's all this guff, I am doing fine...I am your amigo, come on, how are you really doing?"
"What?  I am...really am... fine, honestly."
"You know what I think 'BR'. I think you want to start being a little kind to yourself..."
"I'm sorry...what do you mean?"
"Hey, what do I mean?  I mean you wanna start being good to yourself."
"Good to myself, you say, what exactly do you mean."
"Like you wanna start giving a little bit of that old love to yourself, 'BR', yes love, I am talking L O V E. You wanna start to love yourself Englishman."
I really did like Los Angeles and the 'Angelinos'.


Regarding the love of 'self'. Soren Kierkegaard argues that there is no self-love that is not illusion - since the party who loves - and who is at stake loves only the other and not essentially himself or herself.

No comments: