Contact Form * Contact Form Container */ .contact-form-widget { width: 500px; max-width: 100%; marg

Name

Email *

Message *

'Do you love me?' How many times have you asked me that?'

You do not ask a lover "do you love me?" with the same expectation as when you ask "what is the present bearing of  of the North Pole?".

If the lover answers "I have already told you three times!, why do you ask again?", you can deduce, with a pretty good margin of error, from the far from definitive answer that there is no love anymore between you two.Image result for do you still love me

There are many different representational and mediating states, in the answer, as for example when you align your clock
to that of Big Ben (itself relying on atomic clocks in Greenwich and those on the Bureau International du Temps at the Paris Observatory). It is not alignment and re-representation that you are expecting. The question and the answer are supposed to create persons which are present to one another in the very act of speaking, and in such communication never quite does allay the anxiety of  ' do you still love me' questioner.

No comments: