Contact Form * Contact Form Container */ .contact-form-widget { width: 500px; max-width: 100%; marg

Name

Email *

Message *

You can't do a CT scan to show where humans' rights are, you can't cut someone open and show us their human rights,














"Now relax, this will only last a very short time. So relax, don't panic."


What are you going to be scanning me for Dr?"

"We are going to endeavour as we scan your brain to see where the Human Rights that you so strongly believe in might reside."


"All over, well done."

"So did you eh find where my human rights are in my brain, because it is so importnat to me as I am a champion of human rights."

"Well, I afraid to tell you that there is no area in your brain where human rights reside,"

"So that is a denial of my human rights."

"Not if they don't exist."

Where, for instance, does our conviction that human rights are universal come from? 

"Humans' rights to me are as mysterious as the holy trinity," said one leading researcher, he told the audience at the Salk Institute for Biological Studies.

 "You can't do a CT scan to show where humans' rights are, you can't cut someone open and show us their human rights," he pointed out. 

"It's not an empirical thing, it's just something we strongly believe. It's a purely metaphysical entity."

No comments: