Contact Form * Contact Form Container */ .contact-form-widget { width: 500px; max-width: 100%; marg

Name

Email *

Message *

|i did that last night? I must have been drunk!

The self may be defined by a person’s familial relationships or be determined by his occupation, as certain behaviours are presumed from those occupying certain social roles. The assumptions of others exist, as well as the expectations we individually generate. It is this intermingling of assumptions and expectations that can affect how an individual identifies herself. Identity is also composed by recalling past actions and molding parameters of what one is and is not capable of doing; I am a person who always meets my debits; I am not a very tidy person and so on. It might be generally accepted also that there is a trauma to self identity when someone acts outside their perceived parameters of action. ‘I did that last night? I must have been drunk.’ Such actions or performance – ‘I know her; what she did this morning wasn’t her’ - are outside the parameters of acceptable behaviour and a challenge to our identity. 

No comments: