Contact Form * Contact Form Container */ .contact-form-widget { width: 500px; max-width: 100%; marg

Name

Email *

Message *

Hollywood is not a serious place

There is a sizable body of opinion of Hollywood that it is one giant confidence trick. There is another view, mine, that actors are just not serious people.

For instance, how about choosing to being unemployed as a lifestyle? Well, become an actor. The average unemployment rate for actors, according to the Actor's Equity Association in the UK, hovers around 90 percent.
Could it be that these actors or 'thespians', I said thespians, are driven by a personal purgatory of self-doubt and lured on by the facade of those perfect Hollywood types who have 'made it'.
Alfred Adler coined the term inferiority complex, to Adler, this striving for superiority lies at the core of neurosis; ipso facto, striving for superiority is a feature of narcissistic personality disorder.

There are two kinds of narcissists one the grandiose super-entitled Hollywood types, and the common man include me in that, who feels un-entitled. When you’re dealing with someone like an actor, I know because I am one myself, there’s a more than average chance that narcissism will rear its ugly head.

For the need to feel 'special' seems to play the most important role for self-aggrandizing individuals like actors. So I would submit that actors are just not serious people, but being an actor myself has me in a qaundary and the only way I can resolve it is to attend that actor class I have booked here in London, you know actor therapy and cheap too, only $150; OK, call me naive then.

No comments: