Contact Form * Contact Form Container */ .contact-form-widget { width: 500px; max-width: 100%; marg

Name

Email *

Message *

TRANSGENDER and the myth of the 'natural'


Hearken unto me, fellow creatures. I who have dwelt in a form unmatched with my desire, I whose flesh has become an assemblage of incongruous anatomical parts, I who achieve the similitude of a natural body only through an unnatural process,

I offer you this warning: the Nature you bedevil me with is a lie. Do not trust it to protect you from what I represent, for it is a fabrication that cloaks the groundlessness of the privilege you seek to maintain for yourself at my expense. You are as constructed as me; the same anarchic Womb has birthed us both. I call upon you to investigate your nature as I have been compelled to confront mine. I challenge you to risk abjection and flourish as well as have I. Heed my words, and you may well discover the seams and sutures in yourself.
The above is well written in a doomy biblical overtones manner

Yes indeed but wherefore BIOLOGY?  Many ask

a conversation overheard

I am afraid you cannot use the is shower room
Why not, I am a woman
You are clearly a man
I am what I 'feel' and I feel I am a woman''
But biologically you are a man and there are young girls in here you can't come in
You are denying me my constitutional rights, upheld by Barack Obama
I am sorry those days of Obama liberal naivete are gone.

Image result for google image transgender

Transgender is an umbrella term: in addition to including people whose gender identity is the opposite of their assigned sex (trans men and trans women), it may include people who are not exclusively masculine or feminine (people who are, pangender, genderfluid, or agender).


‘Do you consider yourself to be a woman?’
‘I consider … Yes, yes, but I know what I – I know what I am … I do everything like a woman. I act like a woman, I move like a woman … I know I’m gay and I know I’m a man.’
Anita, a Puerto Rican transgender sex worker interviewed by David Valentine in Imagining Transgender
My body can’t do that [give birth]; I can’t even bleed without a wound, and yet I claim to be a woman … I can never be a woman like other women, but I could never be a man.
Susan Stryker, ‘My Words to Victor Frankenstein’
I certainly wouldn’t be happy with the idea of being a man, and I don’t consider myself a man, but I’m not going to try and convince anyone that I’m really a woman.
Jayne County, Man Enough to be a Woman
It had been such a relief for me when I could stop pretending to be a man. Well, it was a similar relief not to have to pretend that I was a woman … I was now a lesbian with a boyfriend, but I wasn’t a real lesbian and he wasn’t a real boy … no matter what I bought – I’d look in the mirror and see myself as a man in a dress. Sure, I knew I wasn’t a man. But I also knew I wasn’t a woman.
Kate Bornstein, Queer and Pleasant Danger
I have a male and female side … I don’t know how they relate … [I] had to ask myself: how trans did I want to be?

Juliet Jacques, Tran

source for  this postt https://www.lrb.co.uk/v38/n09/jacqueline-rose/who-do-you-think-you-are

No comments: