Contact Form * Contact Form Container */ .contact-form-widget { width: 500px; max-width: 100%; marg

Name

Email *

Message *

On being a victim of your times


Whenever I get on my soap box and start hectoring others with my views and opinions and holding on with white knuckles to my reconfirmation bias (I am listening to your views but I am at the same time gathering my response – and utilising my ‘reconfirmation bias’). Now I pause.
For I now believe all my opinions are just theories - yet I can’t say I always restrain myself in offering those views.

I also believe I am a squawking victim of my times...as were others...Kant, Kirkegaard, Hume, Diderot, Marx et al  who in the view of Alisdair McIntyre failed because of certain shared characteristics deriving from their highly specific historical background. Of course they contributed enormously but they are not, nor is anyone, including Einstein, timeless contributors to the timeless debate. Why they (we) fail, is because as victims of our time or age there is an internal specific time span incoherence which will ensure timeless failure


No comments: