Contact Form * Contact Form Container */ .contact-form-widget { width: 500px; max-width: 100%; marg

Name

Email *

Message *

When I see a herd of cows in my bedroom..

 i wake up and look around  my room, a pause for some 'analytic reflection'

But this analytic reflection of what I see is  a product of subjective synthesis. 

But this reflection (of what I see)  does not describe my experience, but reconstructs it, thereby remaining true to Vico's maxim that ‘we can only know what we have made’. 

Merleau-Ponty, on the contrary, insists that we do not make the world that we experience. He writes, “The real is a closely woven fabric” 

 It is not constituted out of acts of judgment, or acts of predication. If this were the case, then it would have the character of probability

You and I, would be constantly readjusting the synthesis which gave my representations the status of reality. He argues that this is not the case, and that even the most improbable phenomena are immediately accepted as real.

For example, if I were to see a number of cows in the corridor of my house my first question would be, “What the hell...are these cows doing in my house?”

However if you had been smoking marijhuan you might say
"Wow." 

Or if you are like me, a nervous type, it would be, “Are these cows real?”

No comments: