Contact Form * Contact Form Container */ .contact-form-widget { width: 500px; max-width: 100%; marg

Name

Email *

Message *

We spoil what we value because we value them

I am not advocating Christrianity or any other belief system I am just putting the case and allowing you to juggle the for and against.


It isn’t news that we spoil the things and people we value, largely because we value them.
Why is this? Perhaps it is because our  formative experiences are ones of catastrophic disillusionment with ourselves.

 The moments in our lives when we can’t get round the fact that we are not as nice as we thought we were, or even not nice at all.

Christianity. the solace for may provides an over arching directive goes back to the notion of original sin. 'Ah, that's why, I am not perfect I am stained, yes there is limits to my perfectibility so to hell with all these grandiouse ambitions, I better get me some humliity and kinda curtail my  aspirations.'

Religiion for many, enables them to keep their head above water in the perpetual crisis in which we live, and, even better. Advocates of religion argue that it releases  us from our contemporary idols. Instead of the false hope provided by ‘the loveless calculator that is homo economicus’, religion, say Christianity, provides an answer to the  the mess you feel you actually are’.






No comments: